Friday, May 5, 2017

Fibro Fix 21 Day Challenge: Day 6

I have learned some things already this week:

1) The shakes are definitely doing something to my GI system.  Gas, pain, way too much time in the bathroom, etc. all make me think that the shakes with all those greens are doing something to my system.  Honestly, I am not sure my body is absorbing much of the greens from what I'm seeing and dealing with, which makes me wonder why I'm adding that greens powder to my shakes, wonder what the point is.  Dr. Brady says it's to detox, but I'm not sure that's what's really going on at this point.

2) Banana, frozen fruit, cocoa powder all help make the shakes taste better.  Biggest thing, though, is ice.  They're easier to drink if they're really cold.

3) Getting one of the Blender Bottles with the mixer ball was totally worth it.  One of the problems with these shakes (never having done it before) is that they separate, don't stay homogenized.  If I take too long to drink it, set it down because I'm dealing with something and then come back to it, having that mixer ball in there to blend it back together really helps.  Worth the money.

The Blender Bottles we got also have containers that screw on to the bottom, one of which holds pills.  So helpful!  They hold blueberries, nuts, the powder mix, whatever.  I remember having something similar for the kids when they were little and how helpful it was in the car.  Same thing for adults!  The bottle is only 16 ounces, though, or I'd use it as my main water bottle.  They wash up easily, dry easily, and don't seem to hang onto flavors or smells.

4) If I'm going out at all, I need to plan better with the shakes.  I keep getting caught out running errands or whatever during lunch time or out with Mom, and then I end up eating something I shouldn't or eat my main meal then and then want to eat with my family.  One shake a day is easy, but two shakes are harder to fit in.

5) I really do need to stop doing that much gluten.  I ate more bread yesterday, and my weight went up.  I think Dr. Brady and Dr. Mullin are on to something there.  It doesn't do anything to my pain levels, but it sure does to my weight.  I need to cut down further.

So far, my GI system is starting to mostly stabilize, my pain is better due to weather stabilizing a bit, and I'm sleeping better with more GABA at night.  We'll see how it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.