Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Fibro Fix 21 Day Challenge: Day 3 Report

Today has been a challenging one.  I woke up with severe pain today, most likely due to the rain, and the brain fog and dizziness were worse than usual.  I wasn't sure I would be able to stick to the diet at all today.  The good news is that I managed to stick to most of it.

First things first: the shakes are better with banana!  Thank goodness I got some bananas at Costco yesterday.  Almond milk and bananas with something else for flavor, like cocoa or frozen berries, are perfect.  I can definitely drink these now.  For the morning one, I added a bit of cocoa, a bit of peanut butter, and half a banana, and it was good!  For the afternoon one, I added half a banana and some frozen berries, and it was good, too, so I have solved that dilemma.

Next, symptoms so far: my husband and I are definitely having GI stuff going on.  It is really uncomfortable, but it will probably pass soon.  At least, I hope it does.  Dr. Brady does call this a detoxifying program, so maybe that's what is happening.  When we did Phase 1 of the Gut Balance Revolution diet last summer, we had some GI stuff but not like this.  That said, this program is similar enough that it might be helping us re-do the gut biome.  It did resolve eventually, so this should, too.

Now we're trying to figure out how to make sure we get both shakes in each day.  The snacks and dinner are easy enough, as is the first shake of the day, but it's the second one that's tricky.  If I do the first shake later in the morning due to not being able to get up and around, I'm not interested in the second shake until later in the afternoon, which then makes dinner a bit of an issue.

So far, fibro pain is worse, though that isn't necessarily due to the diet change, what with all the weather changes lately, and GI issues are worse, though he warns of that in the book and says it will resolve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.