While I like the idea of the GAPS diet, I was seriously under in my calories and then started having trouble with even wanting to eat (that much soup takes away my appetite, apparently). While I need to lose weight, I can't do it that way, so I have real reservations about that diet if you follow it exactly as written.
My husband is finally getting to a point in which he is ready for a massive change, so I have been slowly getting us ready for the GBR Phase 1 diet. I can't do the higher protein part of that, but I can do it with more carbs. He and my stepson can do the higher protein part, so that's the goal. The Heal Your Gut cookbook has some good recipes that are GBR Phase 1 compliant, so that will be a real help this time around, having more options.
In other news, I'm baking bread today, getting some pickles started, and starting the tomato sauce for canning. The whole wheat sourdough is fun to bake, but the canning is a bit much today.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.