For the last couple of weeks, I have had severe abdominal pain in a weird spot on my right side. It can't be appendicitis due to that being gone for eleven years now, and my gallbladder tests all came back normal. It's got my doctor and me stymied since test after test comes back normal.
The only thing my MRI shows that might be the problem is a lipomatous ileocecal valve. I had no idea what that was, so I did some research and found that it's somewhat common and that a massage often helps with ileocecal valve issues.
The ileocecal valve is the muscle controlling flow between the small intestine and the large intestine. If it gets stuck open for whatever reason (like fatty tissue infiltrating it), that can cause diarrhea, pain, and all sorts of problems. If it gets stuck closed for whatever reason, that can cause constipation, pain, and all sorts of problems. It's a rather important part of the GI tract, so I wish I had known about it earlier.
There are a few different ways to palpate and massage the valve closed (or open, whichever you need), and I have found a couple of them to be rather effective. First of all, the pain has moved from that spot on my side more to where the valve is, which is odd. The pain must have been referral pain or something. Secondly, some of my other symptoms have slowed down and seem to be doing better. Yesterday, as a quick test, I didn't do any massage after 1pm, and my symptoms went right back to where they had been. So, massage several times a day it is!
I found this site to be beneficial.
I like this massage a bit better.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.