Today has been interesting.
Last night, the ashwagandha seemed to wear off around 8:30 (putting it at a ten hour range or so), and the headache got really bad, almost like a rebound headache. The fibro pain came roaring back, too. I got super sleepy at 8:30, managed to stay awake through kids' bedtimes and all, but when I went to bed, I had a hard time falling asleep. According to my tracker, I did get deep sleep, though, once I fell asleep.
This morning, I felt more like I usually do and had the same hard time waking up as usual. My husband and I had discussed the rebound stuff, and I decided to take a half pill this morning. I did feel more energy, and the pain started letting up a bit, and by the time I got to my neurologist's appointment, I felt decent. I even was able to bend down and pick things up fairly easily without my muscles screaming.
Then, I went through the more thorough neuro test as part of my appointment. That got the tremors going hard, and the fibro was all ticked off the rest of today. My husband had the good idea tonight that I should take a half pill in the morning and then half a pill after lunch to help with the worst time of day (late afternoon). I'm going to try that tomorrow. It definitely didn't help enough with the pain today, so maybe going back to a full pill but in a divided dose will help more.
Another interesting side effect: lack of appetite. I just haven't been as hungry since starting this experiment, even to the point of not finishing what I am eating. I am a lot more thirsty, and with my kidney, I have to be concerned about that. I was even down a pound this morning and could fit into jeans I haven't been able to wear in awhile. Given that, if I want to lose weight at all, I can't eat much more than 1300 calories a day (long story), this isn't a bad thing.
The sleepiness is starting to hit here at 8:30 again. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.