- The Bullet Journal tracker ended up being quite onerous to keep up with, and it wouldn't have mattered anyway since the GI doctor was not interested in seeing that level of data. I've tried a few other trackers, like Habitica and SuperBetter, but honestly, I just find them to be a bit much.
- My GI symptoms ended up being almost entirely due to a new allergy to soy. I'm okay with soy lecithin in chocolate and some soy sauce (probably due to fermentation), but soybean oil and I really, really, really do not get along. Things are now back to normal for the most part.
- My husband and I both have gotten off of any kind of real diet plan due to our family's move over the winter holidays. Too much take-out, too much junk food. His weight, of course, has kept going down anyway, but mine has been bouncing up and a tiny bit down back and forth for a month. I've been looking into Whole30, and it's very similar to Dr. Mullin's Phase 1, which worked for us. At least, I can use the recipes.
- I went back to physical therapy, and that was a dud. The lead therapist kept talking over me and ignoring what I kept trying to tell her, and the water therapy started my tremors every time until the last time, which was the worst and took hours to recover from. We agreed to end it because the PT seemed to be making my flare worse, not better. The warm pool at my YMCA is closed for a massive rebuilding project, and I miss it.
- Our new home is lovely, and it has become a real oasis for me. I can't wait until spring when I can start working in the gardens and get the pool ready. We even have a firepit, which I've wanted for years.
- I've started volunteer teaching ESL for a half day on Thursdays, and I love it, though it's really getting my fibro upset every week. I had missed teaching so very much, and writing lesson plans and working with students is feeding my soul. If I could get my fibro more under control, that would help, though.
It's been a rough several months, what with worse pain, new symptoms, elimination diets, changes to my supplements, a huge move (after a seriously stressful house buying experience--everything that could go wrong did), and now the flu having gone through our family. Hopefully, this rough start to 2018 means that the rest of the year will go more easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.